As teeth are exposed to the normal wear of brushing and chewing, they can sometimes become deformed or misshaped. In order to keep your teeth looking their best, dental veneers can be used to restore your teeth to their normal appearance. Veneers are one of the most common treatments in modern cosmetic dentistry. In fact, our practice alone has created over 3,000 veneers.
Dental veneers, sometimes called porcelain veneers, are thin, white, porcelain shells used to cover the visible surface of an irregularly shaped tooth to improve its appearance. Each is custom made to fit a specific tooth surface out of either porcelain or a resin-based material. Once created, this is then bonded to the visible surface of your tooth, changing its color, shape, texture or length. Porcelain veneers are more stain resistant than natural teeth and mimic the light-reflective properties of enamel, allowing for aesthetic improvements that last.
Veneers are commonly used to fix:
- Teeth that have become discolored due to staining, a root canal, a large discolored resin filling or tetracycline
- Teeth that have worn down due to chewing, improper bite or grinding
- Teeth that have chipped or broken
- Teeth that are ridged or irregularly shaped
- Teeth that are uneven or misaligned
Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation.